The APMP Australia New Zealand (ANZ) Chapter is now calling for nominations to serve on the committee for 2021. Positions are generally for a one year term. Being on the committee provides networking and professional development opportunities and allows you to take an active role in advancing the proposal profession.
Preference will be given to nominees who have demonstrated active participation in APMP activities and will be an advocate for our association. As this is an important industry leadership role, volunteers will be expected to proactively contribute to committee activities and fulfil all required responsibilities.
About APMP ANZ
APMP promotes the professional growth of its members by advancing the arts, sciences, and technologies of winning business. APMP is the worldwide authority for professionals dedicated to the process of winning business through proposals, bids, tenders, and presentations. APMP is a non-profit membership organisation founded in August 1989. Today, the Association has 10,000 members and has grown to 28 active chapters worldwide.
The APMP ANZ Chapter was formed in 2008 and is dedicated to increasing recognition of the value of professional proposal development. The ANZ Chapter is for all proposal professionals in Australia and New Zealand, and also for those in the Asia Pacific region where no local APMP chapter currently exists. The chapter has grown to nearly 500 members and won the Stephen P. Shipley Chapter of the Year Award in 2020.
Committee portfolios and roles
Committee portfolios and roles are outlined below. Roles may change subject to the number of successful applicants. Time commitments range from around two hours per week to significant involvement in conferences and key programs.
- Chair and Vice-Chair: lead committee activities and implement strategy
- Secretary: coordinate committee activities including meetings
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer: manage the committee’s financial health
- General Membership/Member Journey Lead: lead the overall membership activities
- Corporate Membership Lead: work to build corporate memberships
- Offshore Membership Lead: work to build offshore memberships
- Communications Lead: lead engagement with members
- Conference Chair: lead our conference with Conference Subcommittee Members
- Networking Lead: connect members through regular networking events
- Certification Manager: promote the APMP certification program
- Webinars: attracting high quality speakers, program and host webinar events
- Mentorship Program Lead: lead our mentorship program
- Awards Lead: lead awards program
- Training and Jobs Board Lead: lead trainer advocacy and jobs board activities
- Fundraising: seek fundraising opportunities to help finance Chapter activities
Please provide the following information:
- APMP member number and expiry date
- Nomination of the role you could add the most value in and reasons for this. Please list any alternative roles you would also be interested in
- A brief professional profile of no more than 300 words, outlining how you would be an active contributor to the APMP community through the APMP ANZ committee
For more information or to submit a nomination, please email email@example.com.
The APMP ANZ Chapter has won the 2020 Stephen P. Shipley Chapter of the Year award. This recognition is thanks to our active membership base of winning work professionals and dedicated volunteer committee. Together we are having a positive impact as thought leaders in the proposal industry within ANZ and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Stephen P. Shipley award honours the APMP chapter that demonstrates excellence in chapter sustenance and development through support of APMP initiatives. APMP ANZ was recognised for:
- Membership engagement initiatives including successful conferences
- A growing certification program, with 181 members currently holding at least one level of APMP certification
- Strong membership growth, with ANZ appearing in the top three chapters for the number of new members in a recent membership promotion
- Regular webinars held with industry-leading speakers
- Networking events held across a vast geographical area, with 18 events held in 12 locations since 2019
- Offshore networking events held in Hong Kong, Manila and Singapore
- Communication activities including a new website developed in 2019 and
- Initiatives designed to provide more value to members including our recent mentorship program and upcoming salary survey and awards program.
With nearly 30 chapters located worldwide, APMP ANZ was recognised with two other finalists: the APMP National Capital Area (NCA) Chapter in the US and the APMP UK chapter. Congratulations to our fellow finalists.
We are delighted to announce that our own APMP ANZ Vice Chair, Felix Becker has been nominated to serve on the APMP Board. The Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP®) confirmed that six members would be joining its Board of Directors effective January 1, 2020 and serving through December 31, 2021.
The six new Board members are:
- Jody Alves, of the Nor’easters Chapter and IGT in Providence, Rhode Island, USA
- Felix Becker, CP APMP of the ANZ Chapter and SAP in Sydney, Australia
- Alison Coon, CF APMP of the Liberty Chapter and Guardian Life Insurance Company in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- Patrick Gueth, CF APMP, of the DACH Chapter and DSV Panalpina A/S in Basel, Switzerland
- Blake Inkster, CP APMP, of the Maple Leaf Chapter and Goodmans LLP in Toronto, Canada
- Melissa Smith, CPP APMP of the UK Chapter and Harmonic LTD in London, England
“We can call ourselves a truly global association today,” said Ginny Carson CPP APMP, of Life Cycle Engineering and the Carolinas Chapter of the association. “Four of our six new Board members are from outside the United States, and five of our 15 Board members are global. One of our long-term strategies from our 2019 Strategic Plan is to expand internationally, and we are happy that members throughout the world take the opportunity to lead. This global representation on our board of directors will allow APMP to take an international perspective to all of our activities and decisions,” she said.
In all, 55 nominees submitted their ballot to the APMP Board Nominating Committee last month and were asked to provide an essay describing how they would help APMP International and the industry grow in the coming years. Fifteen finalists were then selected for final voting by the Board of Directors based on the same criteria. The top six candidates have been invited to fill the open spots on the APMP Board starting on January 1, 2020. All have agreed to do so.
The six new members will join nine other Board members, including Mike Walsh, CF APMP, of Ernst & Young, who will serve as APMP Chair in 2020 and will lead APMP Board members.
“APMP’s Strategic Plan is in place, and there is a strong desire for APMP to maximize its global reach in the areas of new membership, best practices, conferences, and certification,” said Mr. Walsh. “We have a clear mandate from our Board, and I look forward to leading APMP’s continued global expansion.”
APMP offers a variety of ways you can connect with other members to learn, to network and to share common experiences. Now we’re extending this sense of community to WinningtheBusiness.com, the premier industry content source for bid, proposal, business development and capture professionals.
We are collecting your news on:
- People — Share your promotions, job changes and professional achievements.
- Products — Give us the rundown on new products and how they can help your APMP peers.
- Industry news and announcements — Provide information on new initiatives and tell us about your wins. Share with our community your team’s successes.
Here’s what we need:
- A high-resolution headshot, product photo or company logo
- Up to 150 words telling us about your professional update or describing the product or news announcement
- Any relevant hyperlinks or contact information
Submit all materials to APMP Managing Editor Frances Moffett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The APMP ANZ chapter is gaining momentum, with a dedicated leadership group and active membership base. We discussed this with APMP Global CEO at the recent APMP ANZ conference in Melbourne, who was as excited as we are about the possibilities for our future direction.
Rick has encouraged the chapter leadership group to focus on creating value for our local membership base and tailor global offerings for the region. We started this process at the beginning of the year and are soon meeting to define plans for 2020. We always welcome feedback and ideas so please get in touch if there are ways we can help your membership work harder for you.The new member campaign was launched this month with a special offer of 15 months for the price of 12, as well as amazing prizes for existing members who refer a friend. Winners will be announced on 31 October. To find out more or get involved please click here.
Thank you again for your attendance and support of the APMP ANZ conference ‘make an impact’. The event was such a success that we plan to do it all again on 26 and 27 August 2020 in Sydney. A lot of creativity, inspiration and perspiration goes into making the conference happen so if you are interested in being behind the scenes next year, please get in touch as part of the committee nomination process.We are currently calling for nominations for the 2020 committee, looking for people who are just as passionate about APMP and our industry as the current leadership group. To nominate, please contact me via email@example.com and tell us how you would bring value as part of the APMP ANZ leadership group.
I attended an APMP networking event in Perth this week. It was great to see so many familiar faces and take part in Nigel Dennis’ Foundation Certification quiz (I got most of them right, Nigel!). The event reinforced the fantastic community that has been built in the APMP ANZ chapter and that despite competing with each other at times, we are also able to support each other in our career journeys. If you regularly travel within the region, sign up to hear about upcoming events in each location or keep an eye on the Networking Events section of our website so that you’re not alone when interstate.
APMP ANZ Chair