The APMP Australia New Zealand (ANZ) Chapter is now calling for nominations to serve on the committee for 2021. Positions are generally for a one year term. Being on the committee provides networking and professional development opportunities and allows you to take an active role in advancing the proposal profession.
Preference will be given to nominees who have demonstrated active participation in APMP activities and will be an advocate for our association. As this is an important industry leadership role, volunteers will be expected to proactively contribute to committee activities and fulfil all required responsibilities.
About APMP ANZ
APMP promotes the professional growth of its members by advancing the arts, sciences, and technologies of winning business. APMP is the worldwide authority for professionals dedicated to the process of winning business through proposals, bids, tenders, and presentations. APMP is a non-profit membership organisation founded in August 1989. Today, the Association has 10,000 members and has grown to 28 active chapters worldwide.
The APMP ANZ Chapter was formed in 2008 and is dedicated to increasing recognition of the value of professional proposal development. The ANZ Chapter is for all proposal professionals in Australia and New Zealand, and also for those in the Asia Pacific region where no local APMP chapter currently exists. The chapter has grown to nearly 500 members and won the Stephen P. Shipley Chapter of the Year Award in 2020.
Committee portfolios and roles
Committee portfolios and roles are outlined below. Roles may change subject to the number of successful applicants. Time commitments range from around two hours per week to significant involvement in conferences and key programs.
- Chair and Vice-Chair: lead committee activities and implement strategy
- Secretary: coordinate committee activities including meetings
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer: manage the committee’s financial health
- General Membership/Member Journey Lead: lead the overall membership activities
- Corporate Membership Lead: work to build corporate memberships
- Offshore Membership Lead: work to build offshore memberships
- Communications Lead: lead engagement with members
- Conference Chair: lead our conference with Conference Subcommittee Members
- Networking Lead: connect members through regular networking events
- Certification Manager: promote the APMP certification program
- Webinars: attracting high quality speakers, program and host webinar events
- Mentorship Program Lead: lead our mentorship program
- Awards Lead: lead awards program
- Training and Jobs Board Lead: lead trainer advocacy and jobs board activities
- Fundraising: seek fundraising opportunities to help finance Chapter activities
Please provide the following information:
- APMP member number and expiry date
- Nomination of the role you could add the most value in and reasons for this. Please list any alternative roles you would also be interested in
- A brief professional profile of no more than 300 words, outlining how you would be an active contributor to the APMP community through the APMP ANZ committee
For more information or to submit a nomination, please email email@example.com.